Hello. My name is Laura. I have been a Speech and Language Therapist for 11 years.
I have experience of working with children and young people who have a variety of speech, language and communication needs. My particular areas of interest include supporting children and young people who have Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and/or Learning Disabilities.
My ultimate aim is for every child and young person to develop their skills so that they can become better, more confident communicators and live as independently as possible. I do this by working closely with families and schools and setting achievable goals that work towards developing functional skills.
BSc (Hons) Clinical Language Sciences (Speech and Language Therapy). Leeds Metropolitan University. 2008.
- AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) in the classroom
- Makaton (modules 1-4)
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Level 1
- SCERTS (A model for supporting individuals with ASD)
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy
- Safeguarding Children Level 3
I am registered with:
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
- Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP).
- I am also Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked.
If you would like to know more about me or read any of my policies, including my Data Protection and Privacy policies, please contact me.