Speech & Language Therapy for Children and Young People living in Maidstone, Kent.
After qualifying as a Speech and Language Therapist in 2008 I spent 11 years working within the NHS before becoming an independent practitioner. Throughout my career I have been lucky enough to work with a variety of children, young people and their families within various educational settings. This includes mainstream primary and secondary schools, colleges and specialist provisions. Now I mainly support individuals who have Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) and those who are neurodiverse (e.g. Autism Spectrum Condition).
When working with a child or young person I look at two key areas:
- The child/young person’s communication strengths and needs.
- The child/young person’s environment.
I work directly with individuals to help them communicate their thoughts, feelings and ideas, whether this be through non-speaking means (e.g. using gestures or pictures) or spoken language. I also provide advice and training about how to adapt the environment to make it more accessible for those that process language and engage in different ways.
BSc (Hons) Clinical Language Sciences (Speech and Language Therapy). Leeds Metropolitan University.
- AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) in the classroom
- Makaton (modules 1-4)
- SCERTS (A model for supporting individuals with ASC)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Safeguarding Children Level 3
I am registered with:
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
- Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP).
- I am also Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked.
If you would like to know more about me or read any of my policies, including my Data Protection and Privacy policies, please contact me.